Philippines Port Development Summit Scheduled for August
The Philippines Port Development Summit 2013 is scheduled for 13-16 August 2013, in Hyatt Hotel and Casino Manila, Philippines.
The Philippines Port Sector presents substantial commercial opportunities to across all its stakeholders.
Over 400 billion pesos (US$9.6 billion) has been set by the government in 2013 for infrastructure upgrade targeting at ports, roads and rails. The port sector is poised for stronger growth in the coming years.
The Inaugural Philippines Port Development Summit will confront challenges faced by the sector, outline initiatives to counter them and the commercial opportunities being created.
Program at a glance
– Outlook and potential of Philippines’s port industry;
– Government’s masterplan and initiatives on improving ports and logistics infrastructure in Philippines;
– Philippines port stakeholders’ dialogue: potential, opportunities and evolving challenges;
– Port project updates and case studies from top port operators – ICTSI, Asian Terminals, Manila North Harbor Port;
– Project financing round table: models shaping the ports infrastructure sector;
– Port user’s perspectives on challenges, solutions and wish-list;
– Logistics growth opportunities in Philippines;
– Driving ports efficiencies and overcoming ports congestion;
– Improving port accessibility and connectivity;
– Understanding and optimizing capacity planning decisions through collaboration with users.
Dredging Today Staff, June 19, 2013