PSA Inspects West Hercules for AoC (Norway)
- Business & Finance
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) carried out an audit of West Hercules within maritime systems on board the West Hercules facility.
The audit is part of the processing related to the application for an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) from North Atlantic Drilling (NAD) for the West Hercules facility for carrying out drilling activity on the Norwegian continental shelf.
The objective of the audit activity was to verify regulatory requirements and verify technical and organisational aspects on the facility within maritime systems.
Nonconformities were identified in connection with:
– The light indicator lamp for watertight hatches
– Control panel for watertight closing mechanisms
– Mechanical/hydraulic remote closing system for watertight doors
– Watertight sliding doors such as fire doors
– Remote closing system for watertight sliding doors in the fire division
– Local operation of ballast pumps
– Internal communication for operating the ballast system
– Certification of anchor winches
Furthermore, improvement items were identified in connection with:
– Mooring procedures
– Management of ballast valves
Press Release, January 2, 2013