St Mary’s Harbour Development Plan Introduced (UK)
Cornwall Council has announced the details about the St Mary’s Harbour development program.
This project, located at the Isles of Scilly, will include the following works:
– Development of the design in accordance with the Council’s requirements to construction stage including further surveys and investigations;
– Construction of quay extension (approx. 23m) and localised widening (reclamation) including demolition of an existing sea wall and reuse of this material;
– Building demolitions, construction and modifications to create enhanced passenger and freight handling facilities including associated electrical and mechanical engineering;
– Pedestrian footway works;
– Associated drainage, services, lighting, traffic signs and road markings in connection with the harbour improvement works.
The cost of this development program is between £9 mln and £12 mln, and the tender deadline is January 13, 2014.
Dredging Today Staff, December 13, 2013