Subsea 7 Shows Seven Borealis Conversion Process (VIDEO)
Subsea 7, a seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry worldwide, has published a video about the conversion process of pipelay vessel Seven Borealis.
Seven Borealis is a state-of-the-art strategic enabler ideally suited to meeting the exacting requirements of today’s ultra-deep and deepwater projects in the world’s deepest and harshest environments.
The characteristics of the vessel are:
– Length 182m x breadth 46m
– 600t tension S-lay up to 46-inch pipe diameter
– 937t top tension J-lay system up to 24-inch pipe diameter
– 2,800t onboard pipe storage
– Mast crane: capacity main hoist 5,000t; 1,200t heave compensated aux hoist
– Accommodation for 399 persons
– 2 x workclass 3,000 rated ROVs
March 28, 2013