Argeo to deliver AUV survey for Woodside in Trinidad and Tobago

Argeo to deliver AUV survey for Woodside in Trinidad and Tobago

Norwegian marine survey contractor Argeo has secured a contract with Australian energy major Woodside Energy to deliver a survey for a deepwater field in Trinidad and Tobago.

Source: Argeo

Under the signed contract, Argeo will perform the 2024 autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) geophysical survey for the Calypso field in Trinidad and Tobago, starting in the third quarter of the year.

The work will be carried out by Argeo Searcher and the project will occupy the vessel for approximately 60 days, not including any additional work.

The Calypso field is located approximately 225 kilometers off the East coast of Trinidad in ~2,100 meters water depth. The project’s appraisal drilling program, consisting of the Bongos-3, Bongos-3X and Bongos-4 wells, concluded on December 20, 2021, during which all wells encountered hydrocarbons. 

Woodside is the operator with a 70% interest, with BP holding the remaining 30%.

“This contract ignites our Caribbean and South American campaign to provide top-tier deep-water services within the North and South Americas (NSA) geomarket,” said Argeo CEO Trond Figenschou Crantz. “This is an important and significant award for Argeo, and we very much look forward to demonstrating our capabilities and expertise to Woodside on this project” states Argeo VP NSA, Dave Gentle.”

Argeo Searcher underwent an upgrade at the end of 2023 which included the integration of Hugin Superior AUVs, boosting operational capacity and productivity, said to be a response to clients’ requests for additional capability.

The upgrade also included a work-class ROV system, 20t active heave compensated (AHC) offshore crane, 20t active heave compensated (AHC) 3,000-meter winch system, 36t A-frame, remote operations and USV force-multiplier capability and extended free deck space to 200 m2.