Cargotec Bags Orders for 60 MacGregor Cranes
- Business & Finance
MacGregor, part of Cargotec, has won a run of orders for bulk versions of its cargo handling cranes from five Chinese shipyards.
The cranes are destined for 15 bulk carriers for various owners. The orders were booked in the first quarter 2014 order intake and include:
- Two 37,500 dwt bulkers on order at Yangzhou Gouyo shipyard. The vessels will be used to carry logs as well as dry bulk cargoes and will each be equipped with four GLBE3026.2-2/2426.2gr variable frequency drive (VFD)-type marine cranes. The cranes are scheduled for delivery by the end of 2014.
- A repeat contract for two 63,000 dwt bulk carriers on order at the Dayang shipyard for Greek owner whose two new vessels will each be equipped with four GLB3629-2/28.829 electro-hydraulic type marine cranes. Deliveries are scheduled for the end of 2014.
- A Greek customer has ordered two 61,000 dwt bulkers from NACKS shipyard. The contract will see MacGregor deliver four electro-hydraulic-type GLB3528-2/2828gr marine cranes for each vessel by mid-2015.
- Five 61,000 dwt bulk ships under construction at the Natong Huatai shipyard for Hong Kong-based company. All vessels will be fitted with four electro-hydraulic-type GLB3026-2/2426gr marine cranes, which are scheduled for delivery from the end of 2014 until the beginning of 2016.
- Four 67,000 dwt bulk and log handling vessels being built at the Zheijiang Zhenge shipyard for Chinese owners. Each ship will be equipped with four GLBE3629-2/2829gr VFD marine cranes, planned for delivery starting end 2014.
“Our cranes easily meet all the demands of the bulk handling sector, which is one of the most demanding marine environments,” Mikael Hägglund, Sales Manager, Cranes, says. “With all machinery well protected inside the housing, the cranes are well-prepared for this duty.”
He adds: “Depending on an operator’s specific needs and capacity, we can supply a range of options from our well-proven electro-hydraulic version, to our highly-efficient low-energy new-generation VFD electric cranes. For tougher operations [hours per year] we can offer our four-wire K4 heavy-duty grab cranes.”
Cargotec, April 8, 2014