Dredging in Wales Seminar Starts Tomorrow
The ‘Dredging in Wales, A Review and Forward Look’ seminar, organized by the Central Dredging Association (CEDA) and co-promoted by the ICE Wales Region, will take place on Tuesday, 9 May 2017, at Novotel Cardiff Center, Cardiff.
The presentations at the event will primarily be Wales specific, but will be informative for anyone with links to the dredging industry, CEDA said.
“With the ports and harbors of Wales playing a vital role in the country’s economy through imports, exports, offshore energy, fishing and recreation, the creation and maintenance of navigation depths and channels is of fundamental importance,” the organizers stated.
- Gabrielle Wynn/Ben Wray, Intertidal and Coastal Ecosystems, Natural Resources Wales: Biosecurity & marine invasive NN species;
- Simon Haigh, Managing Director, Quay Marinas Limited: Maintenance Dredging – A Marina Operators Perspective;
- Ton Fijen, Technical Director, Tidal Lagoon Power: Harnessing Tidal Power for Wales;
- Tim Bownes, Engineering Director, Milford Haven Port Authority: Milford Haven – Dredging and the Protected Environment;
- Zoe McMellin/Laura Cronk, Permitting, Natural Resources Wales: Marine Licensing in Wales – Legislation and Process;
- Ralph Windeatt, Head of Commercial, South Wales, Assocaited British Ports: Associated British Ports – Keeping Wales Trading.