H-Energy, K Line join forces on Indian LNG import project

  • Ports & Logistics

India’s H-Energy, a unit of real estate group Hiranandani, has joined forces with Japanese shipping company Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (K Line) for a liquefied natural gas (LNG) import project in West Bengal on the east coast of India.

The duo signed an agreement on December 12 to jointly develop the East Coast LNG project, according to a statement by H-Energy. H-Energy shall hold 74% in the project while “K” Line shall hold the remaining 26% stake.

The project includes an FSRU/FSU in the offshore Digha region of West Bengal to provide regasified LNG  to customers in West Bengal and Bangladesh.

The FSRU/FSU for the import project would be provided by K Line, the statement said.

A unit of H-Energy Gas will book regasification capacity in the project and will be responsible for sourcing of LNG and for supplying the fuel to downstream customers.

Darshan Hiranandani, CEO of H-Energy said in the statement that both companies “will further strengthen their relationship through collaboration in other areas such as LNG bunkering at major ports on the east coast and west coast of India and supply of LNG for ships and for other projects of H-Energy.”

“These are currently under discussion and are expected to fructify shortly,” he added.

All necessary studies related to navigation simulation, uptime assessment, mooring analysis and several others are underway to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the LNG project.

“We have been able to achieve the key milestones of the project and expect to start commercial operations by 2020 with the unstinted support of the Government of West Bengal and the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India,” Hiranandani said.


LNG World News Staff

Related news

List of related news articles