OOCL Named USA’s Top Ranked Carrier
Orient Overseas Container Line Limited (OOCL), USA, has been named Top Ranked Carrier for 2014 by the Agriculture Transportation Coalition (AgTC) in San Francisco.
The results of the AgTC’s 2014 Ocean Carrier Performance Survey have been announced at the 26th Annual Meeting of the Agriculture Transportation Coalition in San Francisco.
Due to their high ranking, just behind the Top Ranked, Hamburg Sud and Evergreen were also recognized for their performance in 2014.
The AgTC’s Survey collected data on the shippers’ cargo origins in the US and Canada, global cargo destinations, and volume of cargo/containers shipped each year.
The AgTC members were then asked to rate ocean carriers in eleven categories of service. Following are the categories:
- consistent availability of correct sizes and types of container equipment needed;
- consistent availability of slots on vessels and equipment needed each week by port and service string;
- overall document accuracy and efficiency;
- accuracy in shipment rating and bill of lading release/turn time;
- willingness to accept shippers’ export documentation as close to cargo cut-off as possible;
- advertised vs. actual vessel schedule and transit time;
- intermodal door service and availability from shipper facilities or interior gateways;
- terminal service and efficiency at US ports;
- terminal service and efficiency at foreign ports;
- understanding and adaptation to commercial needs of the agriculture community;
- representatives’ response time and ability to address problems.
Press Release, July 4th, 2014