Seabed Geosolutions to conduct 4D seismic surveys in Gulf of Mexico

Seabed Geosolutions, a joint venture between Fugro and CGG, has been awarded a series of 4D ocean bottom node (OBN) seismic monitoring surveys over multiple oil and gas fields in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.

Illustration; Photo by Wojtek Witkowski on Unsplash

Fugro said on Thursday that the surveys ordered by an unnamed client, with a duration of around two months subject to the final scope of work, would begin in the third quarter of 2018.

Stephan Midenet, CEO of Seabed Geosolutions, said: “With this recent award, we believe we have secured solid backlog for the CASE Abyss crew and the Hugin Explorer vessel while enabling us to work for a world-class customer and placing our assets in a geographic market with substantial contracting opportunities.

“We are excited to be collaborating with this industry-leading customer for the first time in the Gulf of Mexico and look forward to a successful project.”

The last time Offshore Energy Today reported on a contract win by Seabed Geosolutions was in April when the company received a contract award for an ocean bottom seismic project in the Middle East.

Seabed Geosolutions is 60% owned by Fugro while the remaining 40% is owned by French geophysical services company CGG.