SedNet Kicks Off Tomorrow
Poland’s city of Krakow will host the 9th International SedNet conference, taking place from 23-26 September 2015.
At the core of this SedNet conference, hosted and co-organized by the Faculty of Geology, Geophysics and Environmental Protection, AGH University of Science and Technology, will be the link between sediment and society, and the exchange of knowledge and respective experiences on an international level.
SedNet will bring together experts from science, administration and industry. It interacts with the various networks in Europe that operate at a national or international level or that focus on specific fields (such as science, policy making, sediment management, industry and education).
SedNet 2015 will address the following topics:
- Sediments and society;
- Valuing sediments and their services;
- Sediment quality and perception;
- Understanding sediment fluxes and budgets on a river basin scale;
- Restoring sediment continuity (WFD);
- Best practices in sediment management;
- Dredged material management in rivers and lakes;
- Building with dredged material;
- Sediment management in mountainous regions;
- Sediment in historical and recent mining areas;
- Sediment issues in Poland.