Another Solstad Farstad PSV to work for Statoil offshore Brazil

Statoil’s Brazilian subsidiary has awarded a contract to one of Solstad Farstad’s platform supply vessels (PSV).

Solstad Farstad said on Thursday that  Brasil Óleo e Gás Ltda. had awarded a two-year firm contract to the Brazilian flagged Sea Brasil PSV.

The company added that Statoil had an option to extend the contract for two one-year periods. The initial term deal will begin during December 2017.

According to Solstad Farstad, the vessel will support production activity at the Peregrino field in the Campos Basin offshore Brazil.

The Statoil-operated Peregrino – discovered in 1994 – is a heavy oil field, situated some 85 kilometers of the coast of Rio de Janeiro. The Norwegian oil company holds 60% interest in the field while the remaining 40% is held by Chinese company Sinochem.

The field is presently developed with two wellhead platforms and a floating production, storage and offloading unit (FPSO). A system of pipelines, risers, and cables connects this FPSO and the two wellhead platforms.

The Peregrino Phase II Field Development will add a third wellhead platform, as this area is not accessible by the existing two platforms. It contains an eight-legged jacket and a wellhead platform with a drilling unit (WHP-C) tied-back to the existing FPSO.

It is worth reminding that Statoil awarded Solstad Farstad deals for the 2012-built Far Scotsman and the eight-year-old Far Serenade earlier this month.

The two vessels will work on six-month firm deals as support for exploratory drilling at the Carcara field in the BM-S-8 license, located in the Santos basin, also off Brazil. Statoil has options to extend the contracts with nine three-month periods.

Offshore Energy Today Staff

Related news

List of related news articles