Ferus Smit Wins Six ECOBOX Vessels
Ferus Smit has won an order to build six vessels of its brand-new ECOBOX design for Symphony Shipping.
The design of ECOBOX is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design comprises:
- A very large single hold of completely box shaped form;
- Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck;
- 2 cargo cranes;
- Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern;
- Open top notation, sailing in all weather conditions with maindeck hatches opened;
- Bulbless canoe type bow design for optimum speed at various drafts and better sustained speed in adverse weather conditions;
- Propeller equipped with a duct to reduce the maximum installed propulsion power;
The new vessels will be delivered from Ferus Leer yard starting from spring 2015.
Press Release, November 21, 2013