Novatek elects board of directors
Novatek, the developer of the giant Yamal LNG project in Russia, elected the company’s board of directors at the annual general meeting of shareholders.
According to the company’s statement, the board of directors consists of:
- Andrei I. Akimov: chairman of the management board of Gazprombank;
- Burckhard Bergmann: chairman of the supervisory board of Accumulatoren-werke Hoppecke, member of the supervisory board of Contilia;
- Michael Borrell: senior vice-president of Total Exploration & Production for Europe and Central Asia;
- Robert Castaigne: member of the board of directors of Societe Generale, Vinci and Sanofi;
- Leonid V. Mikhelson: Chairman of Novatek’s management board;
- Alexander Y. Natalenko: honored geologist of the Russian Federation and State Prize Laureate;
- Viktor P. Orlov: president of the Russian Geological Society (RosGeo), Laureate of the State Prize of the Russian Federation in the field of science and technology;
- Gennady N. Timchenko: member of the board of directors of Sibur Holding, chairman of the French and Russian Companies Economic Board of the Franco-Russian Chamber of Commerce, Russian Co-Chair of the Russian-Chinese Business Council; and
- Andrei V. Sharonov: president of Skolkovo Moscow School of Management, Honored Economist of the Russian Federation.
Following the AGM, the BoD held its first meeting whereby Alexander Natalenko was elected chairman of the board and the members of the three board committees were elected.
The Strategy Committee is comprised of Alexander Natalenko (chairman), Andrei Akimov, Burckhard Bergmann, Michael Borrell and Gennady Timchenko. The Audit Committee is comprised of Andrei Sharonov (Chairman), Robert Castaigne and Viktor Orlov. The Remuneration and Nomination Committee is comprised of Viktor Orlov (Chairman), Robert Castaigne and Andrei Sharonov.
The BoD also decided to reduce the number of members of the management board to eleven members, terminate the membership of Oleg Karpushin and Kirill Yanovskiy, and appoint Sergey Vasyunin, Deputy Chairman of the management board – operations director, as a new member of the management board.