Illustration; Source: Worley

Shell gives three-year deal for its global projects to Worley

Shell Global Solutions International, a subsidiary of the UK-headquartered energy giant Shell, has picked Australia’s engineering company Worley to support its projects across the globe.

Illustration; Source: Worley

Worley disclosed on Tuesday, 30 May 2023, that it was awarded an enterprise framework agreement (EFA) by Shell to provide services to its projects across the world. This deal is valid for three years and comes with two one-year extension options. This EFA follows a previous five-year framework agreement announced on 22 May 2017.

According to Worley, it will provide engineering, procurement, and integrated project management services for Shell’s projects, covering all of the firm’s businesses. The company underlines that the contract outlines incentive mechanisms that reward excellence in project execution.

Chris Ashton, Chief Executive Officer of Worley, commented: “We are pleased to be a strategic global partner with Shell in the execution of their upcoming projects and their journey to net=zero, which is consistent with our purpose of delivering a more sustainable world.”

The project execution teams will deliver services with a focus on digitalisation and replication, which will be provided by a number of the Australian player’s business locations, including Canada, the United States, Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, and Australia.

This deal comes two months after Worley was selected by Shell to provide services for Sparta, a floating development in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, previously known as North Platte.

Related Article

Located approximately 170 miles off the Louisiana coast, the Sparta development is operated by Shell with a 51 per cent interest, while its partner, Equinor, holds the remaining 49 per cent.