Siccar Point hands in environmental statement for Cambo project

Oil and gas company Siccar Point Energy has submitted an Environmental Statement for the Cambo field development, located West of Shetland, to the UK authorities. First production from the project is expected in 2023.

Cambo project illustration
Cambo project illustration; Source: Siccar Point

The Cambo oil field is located 125 km north-west of the Shetland Islands in Blocks 204/4a, 204/5a, 204/9a and 204/10a. Siccar is the operator of the field with a 70% interest and Shell is its partner with the remaining 30% interest.

The proposed infield development location is centred approximately 125 km to the west of the Shetland Islands, in a water depth of 1050 m to 1100 m.

The concept for the Cambo project is a dedicated, moored FPSO vessel, which will produce hydrocarbons from two drill centers. Oil will be exported via shuttle tanker and gas will be exported through a new gas export pipeline extending 70 km to the southeast of the Cambo field and will terminate at the West of Shetland Pipeline (WOSPS) Pipeline End Manifold (PLEM) tie-in.

It is proposed that eight new production wells and four water injection wells will be drilled in the Cambo field. Additionally, the Cambo 204/10a-5Y well, drilled as an appraisal in 2018, will also be completed for production. The field is expected to produce oil and gas for 25 years.

Offshore development activities are scheduled to start on the field in 2020, with first drilling operation in 2021. First oil is expected in 2023.

During peak production the field is expected to produce a total (average annual rate) of just over 8,000 m3 /d of oil and 850,000 Sm3 /d of gas per day.

Siccar Point has already awarded a Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) contract to Sembcorp Marine for the design of a Sevan cylindrical FPSO for the Cambo field. Sembcorp Marine has contracted KBR for topsides design and integration support with work being carried out in Singapore and Norway.

In addition to the FPSO contract, other FEED work is being undertaken by Baker Hughes for wells, subsea and riser systems, and by Genesis for the gas export pipeline.

Formal project sanction will be sought following completion of the FEED activities.

Offshore Energy Today Staff

Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email.

Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.

Related news

List of related news articles