SRTP Welcomes Marine Renewable Energy Task Force Organization (UK)
SRTP CEO Barry Johnston will attend a series of round table discussions, commencing on Friday 28th October, as part of a task force designed to streamline energy planning and consents for marine renewable developmemtss in Scottish waters.
The work of the group will focus on:
– Further streamlining the planning and consenting process, promoting partnership working between developers and stakeholders leading to a comprehensive pre-application engagement
– Simplifying planning and consenting advice
– Driving best practice
– Summarising current streaming activity underway
– Consistency in modelling
– Better communication with industry and stakeholders
– Securing better access to data and sharing it widely
These factors will contibute towards SRTP goals of establishing a commercial array demonstation of the SRTT technology up to 30mw capacity in Scottish waters.
Source: scotrenewables, October 26, 2011